About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Friday 11 July 2014

Band Bonkers

I'd noticed the stretchy band bracelets about on Create and Craft and on blogs and when I saw a load in The Works earlier this week, I bought a small packet to have a go. Little did I realise that when my 15yr old son saw me with them he would be so excited.

I guess he doesn't think I am hip and with it at my ripe old age, however, this craze is certainly the "IN" thing at the moment, as shown in this BBC news report.

I got to work...

The bands from The Works are called Loom Twister and the 99p packet I got had quite a small plastic hook which wasn't taking the strain very well as the bands seemed to stick to themselves alot.
I ended up using one of my own metal crochet hooks but that wasn't much better.


I made my first basic bracelet, then I had a look on-line and watched a YouTube video on how to made a fishtail so I have been making those ever since.
At a local toy shop I managed to get a 2nd packet called Loom Bands in "boy" colours and they were £1.50.

These bands are alot smoother and seem coated so they don't stick together, the plastic hook is much more substantial too. I am thinking these are the original and the others might be a copy, who knows.



So guess what, I have made LOADS! Well what else do you do when your laptop has died and your tablet is in factory reset mode awaiting replacement and you have to share the main PC with your husband?

No comments: