On 12 Months in View this month we were tasked to recycle old maps and there was also a technique called Rubber Band Embossing.
I attempted to combine the two on a page in my journal and just the technique on my August tag. Both pieces left much to be desired.
I used distress embossing powder on the tag version and now know this was a bad idea. In fact I don't really like distress embossing powders at all! I sanded down the embossing powder before I inked and painted this tag with the Geocaching logo as we are doing the 31 in 31 challenge this month.
On my page I used an old map of the Gower Peninsular as that was where we went at the end of July. I stuck it on and covered with a thin layer of gesso. Then I had a go at the Rubber Band Embossing. Shame that the sticking and gesso had made my page all bumpy, which in turn made the Versamark cover other areas not just the rubber band lines from the brayer!