About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 31 July 2013

WOYWW #217 - Scavenger Hunt

Hi all - a bit late today as only just returned from a break away in Sunny Swansea, South Wales UK.
Obviously no crafting done but I did manage to come home with a few trinkets from my Mother's mega post-closing a wool shop down some years ago hoard!

I got a few reels of satin ribbon in rather patriotic colours (and purple velvet) a few reels of thread and a bag of delicious buttons! I tore the top off our chip box as I am sure I can find a way to scrap it when I eventually get around to the photos. We only took 934 between us over 5 days!

I did take the chance to find the last few elusive photos for the Summer Scavenger Hunt. There just had to be #19 a fishermen by the sea now didn't there? I got one with the Mumbles Pier in the background and from the other direction with Oystermouth Castle in the background. Spot the lads launching themselves off the steps into the sea at high tide too!! Scary.

On a trip out we happened upon a charity walk for prostate cancer with lots of men dressed in pink! I snapped one as we drove by and I think he'll do nicely for the, #09 A photo of someone or something that is clearly out of place or doesn't belong item don't you?

Then we drove up onto the common to the little provincial airport for the #04 Airplane photo. Got a jet and a little plane.

We even spotted a Red Kite above us too - a rare sight.


Here's a few others which have been waiting for this post too. Another contender for the #01 Open air Market taken in Sutton and #20 a dinosaur sitting outside "the Works" in Sutton too. Plus my son in his patriotic t-shirt for the bonus one of a person wearing an outfit (or item of clothing) that symbolised your country.











Oh and for the crafty aspect the card I made up with my cross stitch which not only is my surname initial but also my Mother's forename so I gave it to her as a thanks for having us these past few days.

So come join the fun at WOYWW hosted by Julia.

(and do click on the photos to see them full size)

29 comments:

glitterandglue said...

Great holiday, BJ. Some lovely goodies to play with - and more photos for the hunt. Mine are up on my website now - but so far have only got 8 of the 21. Thought I had a police car ablaze with blue flashing lights the other day - only to discover, when looking at it on the computer - it was an ambulance car!! oh well, if at first.... and all that!
Have a great week.
Margaret #9

Becky said...

A great selection of photos for the scavenger hunt :)

House of Bears said...

The scavenger hunt sounds like fun and you got some really great photos for it.

Waving hi from the bears @78

Maisie Moonshine said...

Hi Bj, you've been on holiday to Mr M's old stamping ground (no pun intended!) It is lovely down there isn't it? You did well to get your scavenger hunt pics - I really like your interpretations! Have a great week. MMx #42

Karen said...

Love the guy on the charity run. I'm still looking for that item on the scavenger hunt. Looks like you had a great holiday!

Sian said...

That's a really nicely pulled together collection of pictures. Quick thinking with the out of place pink tutu too!

Jane said...

great photos, I'm still way behind.

shazsilverwolf said...

fantastic collection of photos! Glad you had such a nice holiday, everyone who picked the last couple of weeks had glorious weather, didn't they? Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz xx #22

Unknown said...

Love the photo. The scavenger hunt sounds like a lot of fun. happy crafting #125

Cheri said...

You got some great captures BJ! Love the guy in pink. And the dinosaur in the bin is perfect.

Helen said...

Loving the scavenger photos - you made it to Sutton town centre at last then, lol! You'll be surprised (not) to hear I have done no more of my cross stitch - or little else!
Helen 6

Missus Wookie said...

Some great photos - the guy in the pink tutu made me smile :)

Anonymous said...

I really like the composition of all those fishing hooks and of the aeroplane through the fence!

Anonymous said...

I really like the composition of all those fishing hooks and of the aeroplane through the fence!

Anonymous said...

I really like the composition of all those fishing hooks and of the aeroplane through the fence!

Dawn said...

Fab post BJ, I love all the pics. Yummy ribbon too, love the idea of the velvet one, very plush.
Huge hugs x

Ali H said...

Wow it's like looking at my own photos! We love it down on the Mumbles! Glad you had a good time! You must let Lynda & I know when you are down next & we can meet at Verdis for a coffee or naughty ice cream! Xx Ali #102

Nikki said...

What fun photos you've collected for your scavenger hunt :) Love the pink tutu
hugs Nikki #119 this week

Julie Lee said...

Love those scavenger hunt photos! It looks as if you had a great time! I'm late commenting today, as I had to go and collect my daughter from the airport. So glad to have her home safe and sound from her holiday in Cyprus. I love the card you did for your mum in cross stitch - so nice to see it made up. Julie Ann x #12

sandysewin said...

The scavenger hunt sound like such a fun idea! Loved the guy in the pink tutu. :-)

Happy Woyww,

Sandy #110

Maria Ontiveros said...

Great job! I really like the two perspectives in the fisherman shot.
Thanks for joining the linkie.

Rinda

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I always love reading your posts. They are so fun. I got a laugh out of the "chip" box, because I had NO idea what you were talking about, then realized they are probably what we call french fries.

You got some awesome photos. And I can tell you like to take pictures as much as I. The difference is, your camera is so much better.

PBS showed the final Endeavor on Sunday. I read that the show has been renewed for a second season, so I'm really looking forward to that.

Sorry I'm late getting here. Happy belated WOYWW from #2.

Gráinne said...

Great trinkets! You never know what they're good for one day :-) Gorgeous pics too. Seems you had a great holiday. Thanks for sharing them. Best, Suzanne
#60

glitterandglue said...

BJ - have just been all the way down your pages via the photo comp. You have some stunning images - well done. Love the name of the tower!!!
Thanks for visiting my photos and for the comments.
Margaret

Lesley G said...

Great photos, may have to pop to the works myself to snap a dinosaur :)

sandra de said...

Looks like you all had fun and I love the pic of the man in pink. Very pretty card at the beginning and at the end of your post.
Sandra @69

Susi said...

Nice finds. I've got a ways to go!

JulieJ said...

I had a look through your old posts. You have done well collecting so many. Your photos of Sutton remind me of Sutton Coldfield where I used to work.

~*~Patty S said...

really fun seeing your photos...
that hawk pic is wonderful and the fella in a tutu is tootoo funny!
oxo