About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Thursday 11 July 2013

Catch-Up Post

Been a bit behind in my challenges so here is a little catch-up.

First my Craft Barn Alpha Challenge letter "Y" and the colour yellow. Yorkshire Day is celebrated on 1st August and the emblem is the white rose.

Second my Summer of Colour Week 5 with the colours Candy Apple Red and Yellow. Who'd have thought a ball flower would make a good spider's web?

 Third an update on my Dandelion Page in my 12 Months journal. I found a piece of acetate with alcohol inks on it which was in my scrap box so I hinged this to the page with washi tape. I was looking for a clock die but had to cut a fresh one.



And lastly my July zine.

24 comments:

Monique said...

I loe your dandelion page, such pretty flowers.
xx

Scrapmate said...

Goodness you've been busy and all in lovely summery tones - eh opp looking forward to Yorkshire Day now!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

OK, that left me breathless. How in the world did you EVER think of a spider for the SOC challenge this week? Really, really clever use of the colors.

Cheri said...

These pieces are so cool! I love dandelions both when they are yellow and when they go to seed - they are a lot of fun to photograph!

Julie Lee said...

You found something! Clever you! Last night I was thinking that someone could do the rose of York but I didn't even know there was a Yorkshire day. Beautiful dictionary challenge contribution. I love dandelions, as I said yesterday and it's lovely to be able to see the gorgeous page with them on close up. Julie Ann xx

Ali H said...

Well you may have been behind on your projects but these are lovely catch ups! Love that dandelion page still! Ali x

Linda Kunsman said...

lovely projects! Love that SOC spider and your dandelion page is like a lush green oasis!

Linda Kunsman said...

lovely projects! Love that SOC spider and your dandelion page is like a lush green oasis!

Kristin said...

xo

Maria Ontiveros said...

I'm really liking your dandelion pages.
Rinda

Unknown said...

HiBJ., I popped over to see your Craft Barn dictionary page and love it! Never heard of Yorkshire day so I learned something new at that! And love your dandelion page! Stunning! Hugs Frea

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous take on the "Y". Full of joy.

JansArtyJunk said...

I'm playing catch up too!...Clever take on the letter 'Y' ...never heard of Yorkshire Day...learning so many new things throughout this challenge!...and your SOC spider is cool too!

Helen said...

Love the Y page... still not done mine... must try this weekend. All your other challenges are gorgeous too.

Sylvia said...

Fabulous challenge pages, love the "Y" such a brilliant yellow and word.

Sylv xx

carolfromkiwiland said...

Very pretty Yorkshire Day page and I guess by August 1st even Yorkshire will be feeling summery. I visited a couple of days ago but got sidetracked by following up on your other catch ups. I did the 12 monthly challenge from Oct 2011 to May 2012 but got soooo behind I stopped. Shame because I really loved it. The zine challenge looks like fun, although with the seasons not coinciding it may be harder to 'feel' the seasons but I think I might give it a go. So well done for keeping up to date with all your commitments.

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi again, BJ! I just love this post and all of your beautiful works of art! I especially like what you created for this week's SOC challenge! So cool and creative!!!!!

Shahrul Niza said...

WOW, so many lovely creations!!. I have to smile at the cute spider :), so clever to let it play in the ball flowers.

Natasha said...

A gorgeous spider web!! And I really love your dandelion page. Gorgeous work. :)

House of Bears said...

Well done on finding a celebration for Y. We shall celebrate Yorkshire day by mashing tea. :)

Laura said...

Loving the yellow...
And now I quite fancy some Yorkshire pudding too :)
Laura

lena-dailyscrap said...

Lovely entries - all of them - never heard of Yorkshire day!

Gráinne said...

What a great and wonderful use of the letter Y. Love it! Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Did not know about Yorkshire Day...
lovely page, nice and bright
Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
Izzy