About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Saturday 1 June 2013

Craft Club - Stencil Bumping

At Craft Club this week we did stencil techniques.

One was with glitter paste and the other was stencil bumping. As I had tried to do the bumping before, without much success, I went with that technique.

Kay was demonstrating the technique and has made a step by step guide which can be found here.

I made 3 backgrounds at club and made the cards up the following day at home.

Kay brought along a couple of dies to use to make up the cards, a "Happy Birthday" and "Resting Birds".

I just had to find and buy BOTH when I got home, and did at CraftULove.

One of the backgrounds was quite masculine so I made it up for my hubby's birthday next month using some gear dies I had saved from other projects.

So today I had to have another go at the technique to see which of my stencils and what colours worked best. Definitely got inky fingers now.

The basic steps are:-

1) Ink up some card with a pale colour.

2) Fix your stencil on top with masking tape.

3) Ink a section (middle outwards) in a darker colour of ink.


4) BUMP your stencil by moving it a few millimetres across and down.

5) Dab on white acrylic paint with a sponge (not too wet though).

6) Don't forget to clean your stencil straight away as the acrylic paint is hard to remove once it has dried.

 
 
And there we have it, stencil bumping in a nutshell and fun too.
THANKS Kay and craft club.

3 comments:

Alison Scott said...

Cool technique. Must give that a go.
You're ATC is on the way.

Unknown said...

I love that technique. I use it, but not in such a precise 'making a shadow' way. I am also interested to know what glitter paste is.

TiaraHelen said...

Hi Billy!
Interesting stencil effects. Was at the Craft Barn yesterday afternoon, stencils were everywhere, and the glitter/embossing/grunge pastes. I liked the effects they were getting very much...