About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Saturday 4 May 2013

TH #05 - May Tag

Timmy tag here we come. Definitely another time of do what you can with limited resources. Hmmm? Rub-ons? Not something I usually buy, had a few from a scrapbooking kit and some odd words too, so they just had to do.

Distress stains, nothing bright enough and I just wanted to do vibrant colour this time, so inkpads and water had to suffice. Stamp of a woman's face, er... nope, but I did have a stencil of a face, that worked.

I made up some film strip with a stamp on acetate then cut down to the smaller size. The tag was made from a fragment with words stuck on the back and alcohol ink on the front. The metal tag was courtesy of my typewriter and metal tape on card. Odd ribbon stained with inks.

I love the colours and that was what I was after so quite pleased in the end. Certainly embracing imperfection today.

13 comments:

Dawn said...

BJ this is stunning sweetie, lol talk about thinking on your feet and making it all work so beautifully.
I love the process pics, lovely to see how you made it all work.
Huge huggles x

Anonymous said...

I love the way you worked through the challenge finding your own solutions; and the tag turned out looking awesome.

Lorraine said...

I think you've done a great job with all your improvising and that stencil is fabulous.

Lee-Anne said...

I'm so impressed with your substitutions ...so creative! Love the colors and the face stencil you used...wonderful tag!

Nan G said...

Wow! I provision at its best! Fabulous face stencil. Love that it takes up the whole tag!

Anonymous said...

I love your women's face stencil and the colors. Fantastic!

Unknown said...

You make beautiful tags BJ.

Unknown said...

there is nothing about this tag that i dont like! i love the colors the stamps and the embellishment! this is a fabulous tag!

Sonja said...

Hi there, I just saw your tag on Tim´s blog and it´s great! Just love it! It popped out to me from all the others and I simply love your colours of the tag!
Best regards,
Zoe

Anonymous said...

Lovely take on Tim's tag this month. The colors are beautiful.

Julie S said...

I know what you mean - I never all the cool goodies he creates with. Wonderful improvisation with what you have! The stenciled face is really striking on your tag - love it.

barbarayaya62 said...

Your tag is fantastic! love the colors and the stamp you've used!!! Hugs BArbarayaya

Unknown said...

Beautiful colors! Where did you get that face stencil? Love it! Very clever to stamp on acetate. I enjoy finding alternates to use on Tim's tags.