About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Friday 8 March 2013

12 Months in View - March

I have decided to take on the "12 Months in View" Challenge this year which starts with Spring and therefore March!

They have all different sorts of challenges and the first was to take a photo from a specific place and to carry on doing so each month for the full 12 months. I took one of my back garden from my craftcorner, and have even marked the window so I get the camera in the same spot next month - LOL.

The next was to start up an Art Journal Calendar. Been meaning to join in this activity for a while but I hadn't even decided on what journal to use/buy yet! Decided to just use what I have already got, a little spiral bound journal about 8"x 5" as it has thicker pages in it. Quite a challenge to get all the days in but I managed it.

The next challenge was to draw/colour a daffodil as it the flower of the month. I decided to combine that with the calendar page. I have added a few quotes and a scripture verse.

Last year I did an altered book and guess what - yep the theme was seasons - so here's a reminder of what I did last year.






10 comments:

Karen said...

ooo what a lovely garden you have BJ! This is going to be an interesting project to see my lovely! WOW...did you draw that daffy? Its gorgeous! HUgs x

Elizabeth said...

Hi BJ, it's going to be lovely following your garden through the seasons and I'm looking forward seeing your journal through the seasons too. Love the cheery daffs on these pages, brightens up a grey and dreich day here. Elizabeth xx

Anonymous said...

Nice! I see you used the scripture about spring from Song of Songs. My favorite scripture this time of year! I've got that on my journal page for Spring (I haven't posted it yet).

Anne said...

Am going to enjoy looking at your garden( which is lovely) as the seasons change. Really like the pages as well. Anne x

Janet Ghio said...

Love seeing what people are doing in this group. Haven't started mine yet.

Annie said...

How sunny and bright your March calendar journal pages are! I have thought to do circles similar to yours but have not yet gotten the second punch. Now I know how fun they will look!

Bernice Hopper said...

So pleased you are joining in. Lovely pages so far

BuzzyBeeCottage said...

Going to start my pages today...doing my pics of March as soon as the snow stops...I may start and end this year with a fluffy white backdrop.

Alison Scott said...

That's a great idea to photograph your garden each month. (Not so good in mine, mainly grass and weeds!)
Will enjoy seeing the changes each season.

SandeeNC said...

Very interesting, I like the idea of taking a photograph from the same place each month! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥