About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Saturday 23 February 2013

An A to Z of Me #22 - Vision

V is for Vision

Masking tape resist today and I usually find any masking tapes too sticky so used my Ikea tape and that was mostly fine. I did the tear it in half and stick down straight edge to straight edge for the uneven edges effect.

 I used a couple of acrylic paints and my trusty Tesco Club Card (what else are they for as I shop mainly in Asda?). I like the effect the card has on the finished background, must try that again!







I really wanted to try a Vision Board but with time limited I just pulled out some magazine pictures. There are some great pictures in the radio section of Radio Times each week, I have been saving them for a while now. All the pictures I chose have faces with prominent eyes, which seemed to go with the prompt of VISION.

I did cut out all my letters today, I had all but the "S" in white but as I had to get my "Wordplay" die out for that one anyway, I just did them all in the coloured card I needed.







I handwrote the scripture on the resist lines and added a few dots too. I have taken a few photos of my page and how it sits with the other pages in the album. I like the way the lady peeks out from under the tags.
The whole spread now says "Self Vision".

1 comment:

Dawn said...

What a gorgeous spread BJ, I love the colours you've chosen and what fab pictures for your collage too. One of my favourite paint techniques as well, I love the randomness and mixes you get with it.
Huge hugs x