About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Monday 4 February 2013

Alpha Challenge #03 - Easter

Oh The Craft Barn is weaning me in oh so gently with their Alpha Challenge letters. I have chosen the theme of "Special Days" and so far have had "V" for Valentine and "C" for Christmas and now "E" for Easter! 

My small dictionary didn't have any E's left so I had to tear a page out of my other "craft" specific dictionary. Nice that my word was on the first page though, so I could show the "E" off.

I highlighted the word "earnest" too, it was my father's middle name (spelt Ernest) and it is a good character trait to have methinks, my father certainly lived up to it.

17 comments:

Elaine said...

Lovely bright page and great choice of word!

TwinkleToes2day said...

Great word choice. I'm sure this will be appropriate for Easter challenges when the time comes too :0) Mo

chrissie said...

Very striking page and a great word to chose

Love Chrissie xx

JansArtyJunk said...

Fabulous vivid pages...and great choices of words...(I also added Easter to my alpha challenge) Jan x

Karen said...

Lovely page BJ. I am intrigued at what you are going to choose for some of the letters. I have done an alphabet of celebration so just give me a shout if you are stuck my lovely!

Thank you so much for joining in again xxx

Annie said...

A beauty of a page. Love your story of how it came about. The addition of a bonus word with meaning blends quite well with your primary word, Easter.

Sue said...

What a fabulous page, I love those swirls and how you have used your Fathers name xx

Maggie said...

Great Easter page so vibrant.

MaggieH

Scrapmate said...

Great page and I love that flourish.

Helen said...

BJ, another great page and lovely to see you carrying your theme through your dictionary!

Anonymous said...

you're sure you are going to find a special day for each letter of the alphabet ? lol.
Easter is the perfect choice here, and not "far off" on the calendar.
Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
Izzy

paulaexuk said...

Very pretty spread BJ, looks like some embossing there too.

lena-dailyscrap said...

Lovely and bright page.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A beautiful page, great colors.

Dawn said...

Gorgeous E page sweetie, I love the background. What a beautiful, delicate, and very detailed stamp you used for your embossing, what a fab find!
Huge huggles x

Susan said...

Great page! I love how you included the thought of your father!

Sylvia said...

Great page, love the vibrant colour and the embossing.