About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Saturday 1 December 2012

An Attitude of Gratitude #31

OK so I know there aren't 31 days in November but Bernice is doing a roundup and the cover of her journal today on "An Attitude of Gratitude" so I just had to do my cover too, despite still having 7 pages and the inside covers to complete.

Bernice used up her table papers to make her covers. I haven't been using table papers but had various sheets of sprayed backing papers and chose my favourite from when I first got my Dylusions. Must have been spraying a tag!


My paper wasn't wide enough to fit the whole cover, so I left the mulberry spine free and just covered the other bits. I used old dictionary papers for the words "Attitude" and "Gratitude" and various flowers and leaves which I had previously diecut and were in stock. I used sepia glossy accents over them, and added some ribbon too.

I also added some metal pieces, corners, arrows pointing to the words and a "Journey" token. And what a journey this has been (although I still have a bit of a way to go yet!)

I can't really take a photo of all my pages together like Bernice has, but here's a side view of the album nearly completed.

I am so pleased with it so a HUGE THANK YOU goes to Bernice - HORRAH!

7 comments:

Sunshine Girl said...

Its lovely - have you checked T!ms blog yet this morning?

Julia S-W said...

Lovely cover BJ. This journal is a real work of art and you must be very pleased with your achievement.
Juliax

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I adore your wrap-up. And you managed to get it in a few sentences, too. Unlike my long rambling post that I created (grin).

I love the looks of this book. So awesome to see these pages come together like that. And the corners on the cover are a brilliant idea!

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Great sprayed effect and I love how it looks put together. :)

Bernice Hopper said...

Thank you for joining in with this project. I have been really encouraged by seeing your pages every day. Thanks for posting my linky the last 2 weeks.

Elizabeth said...

Fabulous journal, BJ. Lovely pages and the corners are the perfect finishing touch. Now you have something to treasure always. Elizabeth xx

Gwen said...

Great job, BJ! I love your covers! It has been a pleasure doing this challenge with you!