About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 15 August 2012

WOYWW #167 - New Bike

Oh dear our internet connection is still giving us problems and it has been over 4 weeks since we raised it with our ISP and BT. So when I saw it was working early this morning I hopped out of bed to do my WOYWW post before the day got going and things became unmanagable again. Then I realised it was only Tuesday! Oh well better make hay whilst the sun shines, so here goes.

Here's my desk and I am actually doing some scrapping! It's of my husband and his beloved new bike - he thinks he is Bradley Wiggins! Nothing is stuck down yet so I am open to suggestions. I managed to add a white painted boarder using a paint dabber. I think I am much safer with paint dabbers than plain paint and a brush!

So that is me for the "What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday"  mega blog hop courtasy of Julia over at The Stamping Ground. Happy WOYWW everyone.

20 comments:

SandeeNC said...

Love the LO BJ, especially all the spokets and gizmo's, perfect for a man on the go. I sure hope your internet gets fixed, I have missed you!! waving hi from the sandy beaches of Florida ;)

okienurse said...

Really cute layout! I love the gears! Nice neat desk. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #38

sandra de said...

Can't make any suggestions as I love the LO as it is>
Sandra @32

Ayala Art said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful work area, now I should go and fix my mess hahaha @44

Helen said...

Great layout - hope your internet resolves itself soon! Helen 3

Dawn said...

Hi honey, thought u had been quiet and had guessed it was probably your internet being naughty again, how frustrating after they had said it was fixed!!
I love your layout and wouldn't change a thing, looks like DH enjoying his new bike.
Ha ha, wouldn't dare show my desk, I am soooooo untidy with it!! Anyhoo, worse than ever today as Millie has taken it over to do a scrapbook kit.
Big hugs x x x x

Morti said...

Ah.... great layout, but I think I know what you're asking and why. Are you feeling a little like it's not quite sitting right? Me, I'm a symmetry nut usually, so I'd probably just jig the left hand page a little so it mirrors the right a little more. Ergo, move one of the circles so its on the pic of DH stood with his bike, and put the remaining circle with the picture of the bike. The layout wouldn't need to be an exact mirror immage of right hand page, but you may find that gives you more....something....LOL. Or maybe put in a bigger picture of the bike itself than the one you've got?

Anyway - thanks for stopping by!!! I don't always do double layouts, it just so happens that those are what I'm showing!

Redanne said...

Hi BJ, you really have been having a nightmare with the computer! Hope it gets resolved soon. I really like your LO and there is no harm in your hubby aiming as high as Bradley and I love his colourful gear too. A x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Four weeks is a long time to go with a lousy internet connection. My hubby's head would have exploded a long time ago. The layout looks great. I really like the addition of the gears and sprockets all over the page.

The Scrapbook Lady UK said...

great layout... have fun on new bike DH! Is he growing mutton chops too? my OH left his long as a joke last weekend... not a good look which was quickly removed! lol. happy woyww jenx 60

Danielle said...

love the layout-the gears go really great with the page. dani#33

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Great LO there - love all the gears over the spread!

But what I have to know is does your hubby have luxuriant sideburns like Wiggers?? :D

LLJ #72 xx

May said...

I love the layout BJ, great use of the gears.. the pics are great your DH looks very happy with his bike!!Hope that internet behaves itself.. Have a happy week, Hugs My x x x#5

Elizabeth said...

Hi BJ, I keep saying this but I do hope your ISP problems are sorted out for you soon, if only that you don't have to jump out of bed at some ungodly hour to post. Like the white paint around the edges of your layout - it makes an effective frame. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Elizabeth x #54

Julia Dunnit said...

How funny, I have the same 'wrong day'' moments, believe me, specially when we're away and Wednesday is approaching!! Lack of ISP is so frustrating, I feel for you, I really do! Loving the bike LO..those cogs and the white edging is inspired.

Tertia said...

What a lovely LO. I would not change a thing. You are early and me? I am exceptionally late this week, sorry about that.
Happy very belated WOYWW!
Tertia #116

Queen Lightwell said...

Looks like a fabulous LO. That's too bad about your internet being so spotty! I don't know how I could cope with that...seriously, when thinking about moving, internet availability and speeds are one of my main concerns! But I am a full-time online student so internet availability and reliability are just mandatory for this household. :) Anyways, look at that desk of yours! You have a nice big area clear in the center for crafting, well done. :)

Queen Lightwell said...

Forgot my number! #128 :)

Unknown said...

Hi BJ Thanks for popping to see me. Glad you managed to see the surprise in the end :-) Your layout looks fab - Don't forget the journalling!! Hope to see your hubby in RIO!! Belated WOYWW Hugs from Helen 18

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

here it is Saturday and I am just now getting here. I fear it's been a busier week than I planned. Just wanted to check in, because I just got an idea for your AB page. Off to check it out!