About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Friday 10 August 2012

Dylusions Spray Play (AB update)

Hi folks and wonderful followers, here are some pictures of my latest exploits with Dylusions Spray Inks and some updates on my Altered Book (which I forgot to post earlier).




I bought 5 more of the Inks (avoiding black!) and had a go with them last night. The Pink and Turquoise make a lovely Purple. Here's where I have got to but think it needs something more?


I have played around with the first page using black and white pens. Inks from the next pages seeped through aswell but I am "Embracing the Imperfections".








These are the ATCs I did for my School Spread pockets. Quite a few pictures from my hubby's Electrical Engineering Magazine, some from the Radio Times and a map (has home and Craft Barn on - LOL). I used my Postage Stamp decorative Scissors on the stamp pictures. The small pictures below show the before ATC tags and after.






Here are the heart tags I made for my Valentine's page. Not sure what to put on those yet, so I suppose another update when I think of something - LOL.

11 comments:

Julia S-W said...

Really love dylusion sprays as you know! Is your room now covered in ink or did you use your little spray booth?!!
Having seen your book in the flesh this week (so to speak), I can vouch for the fact that it looks fab. The pockets are great and the little tags inside them are fab (when you told me the source of the images I was much amused!!).
Not sure what you should put on your hearts. Personally, I'd have a struggle between Frankie my cat, Daniel Craig and Bryan Ferry. . . . oh and my nearest and dearest of course (nearly forgot to mention him!).
Have fun spraying. . . .
Juliaxx

Redanne said...

Hi BJ, just left a message but it has gone AWOL. Sorry if this is a duplicate........I love all your pages, those Dylusions inks are fantastic and don't seem to muddy like some. Have just watched a video by Anita Houston (http://theartfulmaven.blogspot.co.uk) where she uses black and chocolate and the result is fab. You should check it out if you have time. A x

Melissa said...

Wow, your art journal pages look great and I really like the ATCs, especially your choice of photo/embellishment to represent each subject.

Dawn said...

Your pages are gorgeous honey, those sprays are fab to play with aren't they. Im itching to get more colours now as only have the pink and purple ones.
I love the tags you have done for your AB, beautifully collaged and finished as always, how did DH handle the mag massacre ha ha?
Can't wait to see what you do with the heart tags.
Big big hugs x x x x

Karen said...

ooooo I adore your pockets my lovely!!!!! I look forward to a time when I can see what you have written about each school subject hahaha!!!! Your hearts are gorgeous as well. Your book is sooo looking good :D xxx

SandeeNC said...

I'm so glad you can embrace imperfections ( no wonder you like me since I am as imperfect as they come!! ) LOVE your pages, you are zooming right along!! You go girl! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Morti said...

I thought I ought to pop by and explain! JD's photo of me was taken at the May crop - and I did think that I'd already put on my blog the photos of the double layout I'd done (which I'm holding in the photo) but it appears I haven't. So I'll rectify that on tomorrow's WOYWW..... hehehehe Thanks for swinging by and I'm sorry if I got you sucked into the blog hop!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I really like the tags you did for the school pockets! I am sure you will come up with some equally stunning for the hearts! I'll be watching.

The Scrapbook Lady UK said...

Great work. Love the pockets and the colours and the layers and everything really! Will be popping back to see how it develops. jenx

paulaexuk said...

And yet more hearts in your tag inserts. Lovely

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

OK, where have I been? I thought I already saw these pages, but it appears I have either not seen them, or didn't comment, which is totally unheard of in my world. Were those hearts run through a die cutter with texture? They are awesome. And the tags are super, which I know you will find the perfect quotes for.

BTW, is that PAINT I see in the background (grin)?