About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Sunday 19 August 2012

Angle Shades Moth

I have just finished the last page in my latest 12x12 scrapbook album. This makes 8 albums of 60 pages each, so 480 pages of life in the Gregory household since December 2003! Of course this doesn't include all my other albums, but it is the main stay of my scrapping.

This little moth was dozing on a bush outside our house back in May so I just had to put my little Sony Cyber-shot camera's macro ability to the test. As you can see it takes jolly good closeups.

The wooden leaves were part of my cyber hug from Dawn and were just the thing for a moth who happily disguises itself as a leaf.

Best get my new album out now.....Jubilee and Olympic photos await.........BJ

5 comments:

Redanne said...

Wow BJ, I am impressed with 480 pages! Well done you. Love the photo and LO of the moth, it really does look like a leaf. Good luck with the Jubilee and Olympics, bet those albums are fabulous.....A x

Cass said...

liking this lots... 480! So that makes it the encyclopaedia of the Gregory Household?

LOL

Cassidy

Dawn said...

Ooh BJ thats a mahoosive amount of scrapbook pages. Good on you honey, we can all see how much you enjoy doing them and you do them all so so beautifully too.
I love the photo of the moth, you can see every little stunning detail, thank-you for sharing it. Awe, the leaves work perfectly with your spread, lovely to see.
Thank-you for your wonderful and thoughtful comments on my AB, really appreciate the support.
Big hugs my lovely x x x x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I want your camera! Very, very impressive macro shots. You are one busy scrapbooker. I am truly impressed.

BTW, I just wanted you to know that is NOT modeling clay. It is polymer clay. It must be baked.

Karen said...

What fantastic photo's BJ! Now my hubby would have got his tripod out, followed by much muttering of which lens to use, focal points etc hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! Fantastic LO, well done you xxx